For Sisense, 2013 was an amazing year full of innovation that has set us on a fast track toward challenging the biggest players in BI. We tripled subscription revenue growth for the third year running, launched some amazing product innovations, and came home with a steady stream of prestigious awards and recognition.
“We continue to grab market share by challenging legacy BI solutions and offering an alternative far more powerful than traditional in-memory products,” our CEO, Amit Bendov said. “In 2014, we will build on our successes by significantly expanding our team and our New York City headquarters to meet intense demand for our solution.”
Some of 2013 Highlights
– Rapidly growing customer base across 49 countries, including global leaders such as Target, ESPN, Merck and NASA and innovative startups like Wix.
– $10M Series B round led by Battery Ventures with participation from Opus Capital and Genesis Partners (April 2013).
– Opened North American headquarters on Wall Street.
– Introduced In-Chip technology – Enables non-technical users to analyze 100X more data at 10X the speed of current in-memory solutions.
– Unveiled Crowd Accelerated BI – The only technology to gain speed with more users, allowing businesses to scale to thousands of simultaneous users and queries on a single box without choking or slowing down.
Awards and Recognition
– Sisense CTO and co-founder Eldad Farkash won the World Technology Award for his invention of In-Chip analytics technology. Farkash joins past winners Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page.
– Named one of most promising startups in New York and winner of the City’s “Take the H.E.L.M.” competition, along with a quarter-million dollar prize.
– Won the O’Reilly Strata conference’s “Startup Showcase” Audience Choice Award by demonstrating the solution’s record-breaking ability to analyze 10TB of data in 10 seconds on a single node standard server.
– Frost & Sullivan’s “North American Product Innovation of the Year.
– Under the Radar, 10 Most Innovative New IT Ventures.
– CRN, “10 Coolest Big Data Startups of 2013”
– CIO magazine, “Top 10 Big Data Startups to Watch”
Check out all of our recent coverage.
We were thrilled to have you along for the ride in 2013. We look forward to working with you in 2014 to bring the power of BI to every user.