Winning the Hearts of Business Users
Hundreds of leading companies, from start-ups to enterprises, across 49 countries use SiSense to turn their data into insights. SiSense enables these business users to easily join, analyze, and visualize large data sets from multiple sources— all without depending on IT.
Wix grew from a small start-up to a formidable company with millions of users, thousands of Website templates, and fee-based premium packages. Interpreting user data correctly was an integral part of the plan to remain competitive, and the team at Wix identified a set of key metrics they would need to target:
- First, an analytics solution would have to provide insight based on behavioral data from numerous sources
- Differentiating between free and paid users and charting their activity across the site
- Reacting quickly to changes was also crucial, so the team had to be able to generate reports in a flash to track the success of marketing campaigns or changes in product user behavior
- Finally, because market success depended on a team effort, Wix wanted to find a tool that non-IT employees and management professionals could use for ongoing operational analysis
Service: Pet Medical Insurance
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, USA
Company Size: 300+
- Ability to track real-time performance of multiple departments
- Customer segmentation to optimize marketing opportunities, accurate pricing, and customer retention
- Utilize data to build out accurate financial reporting and forecasting
- Accurate and reliable data management
- Quick, light and scalable deployment
- Non-technical, user-friendly platform serving diverse user needs
- Responsive support from sales & support teams
- Replace Microsoft Excel with a better online platform
- Align staff with KPIs
- Utilize data more efficiently to help staff keep students on track
- Provide web-accessibility to data, reports and dashboards
- Extremely simple and straightforward demo setup
- Ability to merge data from various platform types
- Dynamic and flexible web-based tool
- Quick, friendly and consistent interaction with sales and support
Because Magellan Vacations clients speak to agents by phone, the company needs to track typical sales metrics, like closing rates, commissions, and bookings by destination.
Magellan needed a solution that had 3 main requirements:
- Real-time feedback for agents on sales closings, destination performance, and other metrics that would help them better serve customers.
- A dashboard and report-building mechanism simple enough for non-technical users to be able to create their own reports and drill down into data.
- Agile and scalable dashboards that don't require major infrastructure upgrades, and won't slow existing infrastructure as reports are generated.
Paylogic considers itself a next-generation technological company, and its organizational structure and operations are highly automated.
Instead of employing a standard monolithic ERP system (e.g., SAP), Paylogic has built its IT infrastructure using corporate-environment open-source standards.
Automation is approached from a decentralized perspective based on this open-source IT backbone. In other words, the company uses different software packages for different functions and ties them together to form an enterprise collaboration platform.
Lee is now using Prism to deliver interactive reports and dashboards across alpharooms.com’s various functional units. He is running a number of Elasticube datastores, currently handling about tens of millions of rows, on one standard Windows 7 machine with 8GB of RAM.
Alpharooms.com uses Prism to analyse bookings activity from a number of different angles. “One of the most valuable ways we’re using Prism is to discover opportunities for directly approaching hotels for which we have enough bookings – so that we can avoid the extra cost of going through wholesalers,” Lee explains. “We now have efficient reporting around each type of booking (hotel, flight, car, etc.) in a very easy, fast, do-it-yourself environment.”
ACT-ON UTILIZES OVER A DOZEN APPS
WITH “ONE-TRUTH” SISENSE BI
“Results were immediate and ROI opportunity was visible as early as the demo phase. SiSense’s extremely agile environment allowed us to keep up with company growth, change and focus.”
Service: Data-driven vertical market analysis
Headquarters: North Carolina, USA
Company Size: 400+
- Making the transition from being a data provider to an insight provider
- Simplifying the data management and distribution process
- Better control of dynamic analysis environment
- Easier ongoing maintenance of analysis products
- Insightful, value-added and actionable reporting
- Fast performance & intuitive interface
- Significant ROI
OHT was looking for a way to easily track and analyze key business metrics, such as revenue channels and customer segments, and to generate detailed operational performance reports.
Since the company’s operational data consists of about 20M records in a 100GB MySQL database, the solution had to easily integrate with MySQL and quickly process large amounts of data.