The ElastiCube Manager enables you to easily create custom tables. The steps below detail how to connect to create a custom table.
- Click the Add data icon on the top panel of the ElastiCube Manager.
- Under the Custom category select the Custom SQL Expression option.
- A window will open and you will be able to specify the name of the custom table.
- Enter a table name and click tick icon.
- The Table Editor will open where you can enter SQL statements to access tables and fields that exist in the ElastiCube Manager schema. See related topics for more details on SQL and Function References.
- Once you complete an SQL statement click on the top right icon Parse SQL Expression to validate the statement.
- To view results based on the SQL statement click on the top right icon Preview result table. You can save an incomplete or invalid SQL expression however you will not be able to build the custom expression. (Note: At least one build including relevant base table must be completed in order to preview results.)
- To save changes or save and exit click on the top right icon.
- Press Ctrl + Space to complete an SQL statement.
- To make it easier to access table fields give the table name an alias and reference the alias to bring up the related fields. For example Select A. From table as A
- You can add comments in expressions by using the ‘–’ for a single line or /…/ for blocks.
- Image: Add New Custom Table
|2.||Select relevant data source|