At Sisense, we are on a mission to empower modern data teams to deliver insights to everyone inside and outside their organizations. We bring “power to the builders” by enabling our customers to answer complex questions with data and drive the best business outcomes possible.
Customer Delight is not just a moto at Sisense, it’s what we truly believe in and what our customers appreciate about us. As a Technical Support Engineer (TSE), you will work through complex data environments with customers from all sizes and industries, to deliver exceptional support and value over our amazing product.
Please pay attention to the working schedule: night shifts coverage (00:00 - 08:00). The position will also include shifts on Holidays with additional payment.
What You’ve Already Accomplished…So Far
- You already have 2 years of experience with IT infrastructure and applications support
- You already have experience with supporting complex product infrastructure and applications
- You have strong technical experience Linux knowledge
- You have experience working with logs, and various monitoring tool such as: Grafana, New Relic, Kibana
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- You have experience in communication with customers
- Good speaking English
Will be great if you also have
- Experience with Kubernetes
- You have vast experience with databases such as MongoDB, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle
- Experience with virtualization and cloud services (AWS, vSphere)
- Web development background and/or programming familiarity
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Hadoop
- Experience with ETL and BI tools such as Talend, Informatica, SSIS, SSRS, BusinessObjects, Cognos or QlikView
- Knowledge in writing SQL and understanding business requirements
- You have data-driven, analytical mind and excellent problem-solving skills
- You’re detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
- You have proven ability to motivate and work both independently and in a team environment
- You also have a passion for support and helping others
- In addition, you have a strong desire to learn, grow and contribute to overall company values of collaboration and service
- You have good English - communication, listening, and writing skills
What You'll Do
- Investigate technical problems and diagnose root causes in Linux and Windows servers
- Develop, design and propose solutions to meet technological and business needs for customers (e.g. workarounds for product issues and additional features)
- Manage critical issues that impact customer’s business
- Work with R&D and Product teams to meet customer requirements and improve our product
- Present complex technical information about the product to the customers
- Take part in the creation and maintenance of our knowledge-based and community
- Work with Linux shell, RestAPI, Web applications troubleshooting, application installations, identifying process improvements, debugging, comprehending technical documents
Why You Should Join Our Team
- We live our values. We care about each other, the technology we create, and the customers we support. We know we’re constantly learning and improving, and look forward to sharing insights and techniques with each other.
- We have interesting customers. We support the Red Cross with dashboards about supplies, help a suicide prevention hotline with SQL+Python ML analysis, and enable Tinder to make better matches.
- We are our own customer. We’re heavy users of the features we build and have an intuitive understanding of what makes data teams so special and successful.
- “You have unlimited questions remaining” is core to our team’s philosophy. We are excited about learning and sharing together, and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
- We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.
- We’re all working remotely now. However, a new office with a superior view is waiting for us when life gets back to normal.
- We hire only people we trust. All Sisensers join the company without a probation period.
- We believe all Sisensers should be owners in our company’s success. We grant all employees stock options that start vesting on Day One.
- We support a work-life balance philosophy and provide unlimited vacations (flexible time off) to all Sisensers.
- We support professional growth with personal learning budget (for on-line courses, language programs, books etc.), as well as corporate trainings, professional certifications and so on.
- We care about each other. All team members have extended medical insurance package and additional COVID-19 coverage.
- We provide Sisensers with a sport reimbursement to support physical fitness and mental wellbeing.