Why you should join our Finance team:
Do you want to help build one of the best-in-class accounting teams? Do you have a constant pursuit of perfection?
This is an opportunity to become a leader on the Accounting team at a rapidly scaling pre-IPO software company. The Accounting Manager will report directly into the Director of Accounting and will have the opportunity to work with department leaders throughout the Company to establish accounting policies, scalable processes, and implement systems. This role will be instrumental in delivering timely and accurate financial results. You will have the opportunity to own multiple areas of accounting and various projects that will be critical to the Company’s future success.
What you will do in the first 30 days
- Develop a complete understanding of our business model, systems, policies, and accounting procedures/processes.
- Take ownership of the month-end close calendar including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statements.
- Lead and coach your accounting team.
- Work closely with the Director of Accounting to plan and prioritize projects.
What you will do in the first 60 days
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounting transformation projects such as systems implementations.
- Design accounting policies and SOX internal controls, ensuring that procedures are documented and communicated to internal stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with income tax and sales tax requirements.
What you will do in the first 90 days
- Apply Company policies around ASC 606, ASC 340, and ASC 842 to financial records.
- Educate and train the global finance team on new accounting policies and systems to ensure ongoing compliance with GAAP.
- Set the short, medium, and long-term goals for your team.
- Oversee end-to-end process ownership to support finance and multiple department leaders.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes.
- Keeping current with US GAAP guidance and SEC rule trends.
- Work with the external audit and internal audit teams to ensure compliance with financial statement audits, interim reviews, and SOX.
- Be a trusted business partner and work closely with various stakeholders within Finance and across the company.
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and re-engineer as necessary to reduce the timeline.
- Manage, coach, and develop your accounting team.
- BS degree in Accounting.
- CPA and Big 4 auditing experience preferred.
- 5+ years of Accounting experience at a software company.
- 2+ years of management experience in Accounting.
- Public company experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP.
- Excellent ability to work independently and proactively – knowledge of challenges and requirements facing the Company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and sound decision-making ability
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and generate solutions.
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Excitement and passion to join a fast-growing software company.
- Experience using NetSuite, Salesforce, and ADP.
- We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips working out of our office in Midtown.
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.