We are Sisense.
As one of the world’s leading big data teams, we are an award-winning business intelligence company with some very well-known clients. We disrupt the Business Intelligence market. Our product allows business users to analyze humongous amounts of data without being experts and without help from IT. How? By building on a set of unique and cutting-edge technologies, wrapped up in a killer product.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a Senior Software Architect who will work closely with development teams to ensure product architecture and development are in line with the vision and future direction of the product and company technological roadmap. The Senior Software Architect has the know-how to serve as a mentor for all engineering levels. He/she will partner with management on driving product timelines, participate in cross-functional design projects, serving as a consultant to management. Present in both internal and external settings on product functionality and technical advancements.
What will you do?
- Serves as technical lead to detail all aspects of product design and ensure that resulting design specification fits into the technical architectural framework
- Lead, review, and direct the key architectural components, software, and general product architecture
- Define the design requirements of services, components, and existing tools
- Determine project scope and provide high-level activity estimation
- Be hands-on
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Engineers, Solution Engineers, Product Managers, Professional Services, CS and others
- Work with external customers to collect feedback, assist with POCs, escalations and more
- Recommend and maintain technical design methodologies, processes, technologies, and standards
- Participate in cross-functional design teams to develop new product as well as address design issues/maintenance of existing ones
- Interact with management for setting the company’s technical future direction
What should you have?
- 10+ years of experience in the development of multi-user and cloud-enabled computer software
- Hands-on working mode
- 5+ years of proven JAVA coding experience
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related field, Master's Degree preferred
- Recognized as an expert in the technology field
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience with web technologies, cloud architecture, and multi-user and highly concurrent systems
- Experience leading complex product development initiatives from concept to release
- Extensive development experience under Linux, Dockers, Kubernetes, etc.
- Working experience with cloud providers - AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to influence without authority. Able to mentor and groom other engineers
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- Able to speak and inform in public cross-team meetings
- Able to articulate product road maps and technical differentiators to a wide audience