We are Sisense.
As one of the world’s leading big data teams, we are an award-winning business intelligence company with some very well-known clients.
We disrupt the Business Intelligence market. Our product allows business users to analyze humongous amounts of data without being experts and without help from IT. How? By building on a set of unique and cutting-edge technologies, wrapped up in a killer product.
What are we looking for?
As part of Sisense's continued growth we are looking for a top talented, Java Developer to join a highly skilled and motivated development group. The ideal candidate will be a multidisciplinary talented Java EE professional. One who can spot the most intricate low-level details of the software being developed ,and at the same time keep a system-wide, holistic understanding of the design, architecture, and product trade-offs.
What will you do?
As a software engineer in Sisense, you will be part of the team developing the core of our Big Data Analytics Columnar Database, ElastiCube.
ElastiCube is an award-winning database with an advanced query execution engine.
As part of your day to day you will:
- Work in a highly dynamic and technologically driven environment
- Design, develop and maintain components written in JAVA and other languages
- Function as an expert in multiple product components, specifically all Java EE related technologies
- Solve challenging problems
- Participate in reviewing design and code for other team members
- Contribute to and drive technological and architectural decisions
- Interact with development, product management, architecture, QA, and support teams throughout the product lifecycle
- Maintain standards for reliable, scalable and secure systems
- Develop solid unit and integration tests according to organizational standards
- Adhere to Agile development principles, while following and improving all aspects of the Scrum process
What should you have?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years hands-on experience designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms: Spring, Spring boot, Web services standards and related technologies such as Rabbit MQ, mongoDB (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP)
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience working in a product company with an Agile development process
Nice to have:
- Experience with microservices architecture such as Docker, Kubernetes and Jenkins
- Linux as your working environment
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases: SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience developing AWS cloud-based solutions - an advantage
- Experience building massive scalable big-data systems
- Experience with performance optimization & high-performance algorithms