We are Sisense.
We are Sisense; a radically innovative BI company focused on redefining every aspect of business analytics. We love innovation; we always seek to develop better our solutions and delight our customers. Turning complexity into simplicity is our goal, and we accept no less than ‘WOW!’. Sisense provides a single-stack BI solution, from a blazing fast analytical server that can mash up complex data sets out of various source providers, through a killer analytical product that turns data into actionable insights using proprietary technologies that leave other analytical engines in the dust.
What are we looking for?
As part of Sisense continued growth, we are looking for a top talented, Software Backend Engineer to join a highly skilled and motivated development group. One who can spot the most intricate details of the software being developed – performance, data transfer, cost and benefits of various calling conventions - and at the same time keep a system-wide, holistic understanding of the design, architecture, and product trade-offs.
As part of your day to day you will:
- Work in a highly dynamic & and technologically driven environment
- Design, develop and maintain components written in SCALA, Java and other languages
- Function as a subject matter expert in multiple product components particularly Scala & Java all related technologies
- Solve challenging problems
- Participate in reviewing design and code for other team members
- Contribute to and drive technological and architectural decisions
- Interact with development, product management, architecture, QA, and support teams throughout the product lifecycle
- Maintain standards for reliable, scalable and secure systems
- Develop solid unit and integration tests according to organizational standards
- Adhere to Agile development principles, while following and improving all aspects of the Scrum process
What do you need?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years hands-on experience designing and developing applications using Java or other object-oriented languages.
- Strong Object-Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of Databases - SQL, MongoDB, Redshift, etc.
- Experience building ETL processes.
- Familiar with ODBC, JDBC, Hive, etc.
- Experience with performance optimization & high-performance data transfer algorithms.
- Problem Solver and result oriented with a focus on consistent product delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with big data ecosystem – Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Ability to quickly contribute to an existing codebase.
- Scrum master experience.
- Experience with Scala