In the ElastiCube Manager, you can use SQL expressions to define custom fields. The steps below explain how to edit a custom field expression.
- Click the custom field in the table to display the custom field options, and click Edit.
- In the Table Editor, you can enter SQL statements to access tables and fields that exist in the ElastiCube Manager schema. See also SQL Reference and Function Reference.
- Once you complete an SQL statement, click Parse SQL Expression to validate the statement.
- To view results based on the SQL statement, click the Preview result icon. Note: To preview the results, the ElastiCube should have been built at least once.
- To save changes or save and exit click on the top right icon.
- Press Ctrl + Space to complete an SQL statement.
- To make it easier to access table fields, give the table name an alias and reference the alias to bring up the related fields. For example Select A. From table as A.
- You can add comments in expressions by using the for a single line or /*…*/ for blocks.
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.