Okta provides secure identity management and single sign-on to applications that you can add to your Okta account. From Okta, you and your users can log in to Okta and then access applications such as Sisense without having to log in to each application.
Okta supports applications that support SAML 2.0, such as Sisense.
This page describes how to add Sisense to Okta and configure SSO-support with SAML 2.0.
Note: This page reflects a 3rd party’s application which may change. If the steps described here do not match what you see in your Okta account, you can use the generic Sisense SAML documentation, along with the IdP’s documentation.
Adding Sisense to Okta
To add Sisense to Okta:
- Log in to Okta.
- Select Applications > Add Application.
The Add Application page is displayed.
- In the Add Application page, click Create New App.
The Create New Application Integration window is displayed.
- In the Create a New Application Integration window, select SAML 2.0 and click Create.
- In the Create SAML Integration page, enter a name for the application in the App name field and click Next. You application name you define is displayed in Okta to your users when they select an application they want to sign in to.
- In the SAML Settings area, in the Single sign on URL, enter the URL where the SAML assertion is to be sent through an HTTP Post.
For example, http://sisense.com/api/v1/authentication/login_saml_callback
- In the Audience URI (SP Entity ID) field, enter a name that represents your Service Provider and click Next.
- In the Feedback area, click Finish. You are redirected to the application’s Settings page.
- Select People and Groups and assign the relevant users who will access Sisense through Okta.
- Return to the Sign On area and click View Setup Instructions. The Identity Provider SSO URL and X.509 Certificate are displayed.
- Copy the Identity Provider Single-Sign-On URL and X.509 Certificate and paste these fields into the relevant fields in the Sisense SSO SAML page.
The Identity Provider Single-Sign-On URL should be pasted in the Remote Login URL field in Sisense.
The X.509 Certificate should be pasted into the Public X.509 Certificate field in Sisense.
- In the Sisense Single Sign On Configuration page, click Save.
The Okta users you assigned to the Sisense application can access Sisense through Okta without having to log in to Sisense directly.
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.