This section describes how to rearrange your dashboard layout. By default, widgets are arranged in a dashboard one underneath the other. When you add a new widget, it is added at the bottom of the dashboard.
You can drag widgets one on top of another to split them horizontally.
The dashboard can also be organized in columns. By default a dashboard is created with a single column, but you can add up to four columns. Each column can contain multiple widgets, but a widget cannot span more than one column.
You can rearrange the order of the widgets, reorganize the widgets in columns, add/remove widgets from columns, and resize columns/widgets.
To move a widget:
- Drag the widget while clicking on the top part of the widget.
A dashboard can be viewed in either Layout mode or in View mode.
Layout mode is the default mode in which you can add new widgets and rearrange them on the dashboard, as described throughout this section.
View mode enables you to see what the dashboard looks like when a user is only viewing the dashboard. In View mode, the dashboard cannot be rearranged or edited.
To change the number of columns:
- Click on the dashboard’s menu, and select Columns and the number of columns.
To move a widget to a different column or position:
- Make sure that you are in Layout mode (default mode). The Layout mode indicator is displayed in the top-right corner of the window. If not, click to go from View Mode to Layout mode.
- Drag and drop the widget into the desired position by dragging it by the top part of the widget.
Dragging a widget from one column to another:
The position of a widget can be split to contain multiple widgets within a single column by dragging one widget on top of another:
You can place widgets side-by-side using one of the following methods:
- By putting each widget in a different column.
- By dragging one widget on top of the other. Both these widgets will then be in the same column.
Resizing the column height or width automatically resizes the widgets in the best possible way.
To resize a widget:
- Resize the dashboard column in which the widget is located by dragging the edge of the column right or left. All the widgets in this same column are resized accordingly in an optimal manner.
- Resize the widget by dragging its edges right, left, up or down.
Refer to Ticker widgets for a description of how an INDICATOR Widget turns into a ticker type widget when you reduce its height.
You can add titles to your widgets directly in the dashboard view.
If you already added a title when you created the widget in the widget designer, you can edit the title directly in the dashboard.
To add a widget title from the dashboard:
- To add a title, click ADD TITLE at the top of the widget, and type in the title. If you are editing a title, click on the existing title, and type in the new title.
- Click on the icon to save the title.
If you resize the height of an INDICATOR Widget, then it automatically turns into a Ticker-type widget. An INDICATOR Widget that was a numeric INDICATOR appears slightly different to an INDICATOR widget that was a gauge.
|Full size INDICATOR widget||Full size GAUGE widget|
|INDICATOR widget after resizing down||GAUGE widget after resizing down|
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.