If you have dashboard editing rights, then you can define both dashboard filters and widget filters, as follows:
- Dashboard Filters: This type of filter affects all the widgets in the dashboard (except the widgets that you configured as independent). Designers can create dashboard filters and Viewers can view and interact with them.
- Widget Filters: A Designer can define which subset of data values is displayed in a widget. Viewers can view the filters, but not interact with them.
The following sections include procedures for:
- Creating dashboard filters
- Editing and deleting a dashboard filter
- Creating widget filters
- Creating dependent filters
- Working together with dashboard and widget filters
- Limiting Filters to Specific Values with Background Filters
- Locking filters
- Switching filters on and off
- Saving your default filters view
See the following video tutorials:
Introduction to Dashboard Filters
Introduction to Widget Filters
Hey! Was this article helpful?
Questions? Ask the community.