Blazing fast dashboard loading is finally here :)
Enable performance boost by installing the LazyLoading plugin.
How does it work?
- LazyLoading recognizes which widgets are "Above The Fold" (I.E. currently visible on the screen), and then prevent all the non-visible widgets from sending out their queries to the cube until they become visible (usually by scrolling down the page).
- The plugin significantly reduces the time it takes for the dashboard to finish up its initial loading and be ready for the user to start using it.
- As a result, the user will have a much smoother experience when navigating between dashboards.
- Another result is that fewer queries are sent to the cube which leads to better performance on the server side as well.
- The performance boost is even more impressive when discussing mobile browsing as it turns the mobile experience to be blazing fast.
- This plugin also takes into account usage of the Tabber and Accordion widgets and applies on their hidden widgets as well (I.E. widgets on in-active tabs won't send their queries until the user navigates to them).
See it in action:
Keen to try it out? Contact us!
We also recommend to read the below posts that provide additional information about performance monitoring and potential pitfalls:
Maximize Dashboard Performance
Using the Sisense Monitor
Dashboard Performance Best Practices