Sisense, Simba Technologies Partner
Business Users Can Now Connect to, Analyze Massively-complex MongoDB Datasets without Having to Write Code
Vancouver, British Columbia – Today Sisense, a leader in Big Data analytics for business users, and Simba Technologies Inc.®, the leader in Big Data connectivity, joined forces to deliver new levels of analytical performance and speed to business users. Under terms of the agreement, Sisense will distribute a Simba-developed ODBC 3.8 driver as part of its full-stack BI tool suite, enabling Sisense business users to seamlessly connect their Sisense analytics environment to MongoDB data stores.
The new Sisense BI suite in action with ODBC connectivity from Simba Technologies will be showcased at Strata + Hadoop World in San Jose, California, February 19-20 (booth #1218). (To receive a 20% registration discount, enter the code “SimbaTech20” when purchasing a pass.)
The Sisense analytics solution lets non-techies join multiple large data sets, build smart dashboards with data visualizations, and share with thousands of users—no coding or scripting knowledge required. The Simba-developed Sisense MongoDB driver provides direct BI connectivity to MongoDB and enables Sisense business users to query MongoDB data directly via SQL.
“Sisense is known for giving business users access to and control of their data with a powerful yet simple-to-use analytics suite that can handle terabytes of data in a flash,” says Sisense Founder and CTO Eldad Farkash. “Adding ODBC connectivity from Simba Technologies lets those same business users enjoy direct SQL-query capabilities to NoSQL MongoDB data, allowing them to mash up data from a multitude of sources with unprecedented speed and ease.”
The Sisense + Simba offering delivers powerful new analytical capabilities to business users:
- SQL on NoSQL: The Simba-developed Sisense ODBC driver enables direct SQL query capability of MongoDB data.
- Speed plus power: The suite combines Sisense’s proprietary In-Chip™ technology with MongoDB to run queries at unprecedented speed – ten times faster than in-memory processing, regardless of the size and complexity of the data.
- 360 degree view of MongoDB data: Business users can create multiple tables and use Sisense to analyze all of them in one central location, without being limited to a single data collection.
- ODBC 3.8 connectivity: The Simba-developed Sisense ODBC driver takes full advantage of the ODBC 3.8 data standard, including asynchronous execution.
- Visualized insight: Business users can transform raw data stored in MongoDB into actionable dashboards and generate immediate insights in an intuitive, end-user oriented interface and without scripting or coding
“Before Sisense, tackling massively-complex MongoDB datasets was a challenge,” notes Simba Technologies VP of Sales Tom Newton. “But with this partnership, business users can connect their Sisense BI tool seamlessly to MongoDB, enabling them to analyze billions of rows and extract insights from MongoDB with unparalleled speed, smooth performance, and no need to write code.”
The Sisense ODBC connector developed by Simba Technologies will be available directly from Sisense.
About Simba Technologies Inc.
Simba Technologies (www.simba.com, @SimbaTech) is the recognized world leader in standards-based data access and analytics products and solutions for both relational and multi-dimensional data sources. Simba provides the world’s leading companies with data connectivity solutions running on multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac, UNIX, Linux and many mobile platforms. Simba’s data connectivity products support multiple interfaces, including ODBC, JDBC, OLE DB, OLE DB for OLAP (ODBO), XML for Analysis (XMLA), ADO, ADO.NET, ADOMD and ADOMD.NET.
Simba’s software is used worldwide. Its customers include leading independent software vendors and global enterprises like Alteryx®, Altiscale®, Cloudera®, Couchbase®, Databricks®, Datastax®, Google®, Hortonworks®, MapR®, Microsoft®, Oracle®, Qubole®, SAP®, Sisense®, Splunk®, Tableau®, and Teradata®.
Company and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.