How to Avoid Common Pitfalls
When Implementing Your BI Solution
- Cost – Understand the true total cost of ownership
- Implementation – How long until you get value from your BI tool
- Scalability – How to determine if a BI will fit your future needs
- Agile – Check if end-users can get answers independently
- Tips on conducting a Proof of Concept (with you data!)
Figuring out the total cost of ownership when investing in a BI platform can be an onerous task – especially implementation is usually where hidden costs lie. Get a breakdown of the questions you need to ask the BI vendor you’re evaluating to figure out how much the BI solution will really cost to implement, run, maintain and adapt to future needs. You’ll learn how to successfully gauge a proof of concept before you sign on the dotted line.
Who Should Read This?If you’re considering investing in your a BI solution, or you’ve been burned by a less-than-perfect data analytics solution in the past, this whitepaper will help you to avoid the pitfalls and make a smart, informed decisions for your organization.
How to Avoid Common Pitfalls When Implementing Your BI Solution
“You should have plenty of control over how you access, manipulate, and visualize your data and insights. The key here is that end users can do this themselves, without sending requests to IT every time they want to tweak or run a new calculation.”