Eurovision Song Contest: The Harmony it Takes to Win
What Will You Learn?
- Which countries are most liked?
- Which countries are the most favored?
- What are the voting patterns within or between European regions?
- What’s the extent of reciprocal voting patterns between countries?
- Which voting strategy helps countries win the Eurovision contest?
What's in This Whitepaper?
In this analysis, we identified the patterns of Eurovision Song Contest voting strategies for all the participating countries. Our findings revealed two reversed voting trends.
In addition, we explore reciprocal voting patterns between countries, inspect which countries are favored by different countries, and describe how a country gets their song voted into first place.
Why Should You Read It?
In this report, we examine the structure of Eurovision voting among countries, and how different regions affect voting patterns (Western Europe, Scandinavia, The Balkans, Eastern Europe, and peripheral areas).We also zoom in to the top 5 most favored countries (in points) by a given country and reveal their voting patterns.