Who We Are:
Sisense takes a radically different approach to business analytics. We believe that insights should be easily accessible to everyone, everywhere regardless of technical ability, and back this belief with a solution that simplifies every step of the BI process for all users – from data preparation to delivery of insights. We pair innovation with an obsession for customer success, enabling thousands of customers worldwide to leverage the power of Sisense for the insights they need, at the instant they need them.
Innovative, high-growth B2B software company is seeking a passionate, creative and enthusiastic events leader to join our growing team in NYC. The Head of Events Management will be responsible for producing high quality, high visibility events (both online and offline) that drive target audience interest and position Sisense as a BI market leader.
We require someone who can think strategically while executing tactically. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional that has the experience and vision to build a well-structured program from scratch, yet is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. This rockstar will be highly effective at building relationships and motivating others to support and act on behalf of program objectives, regardless of reporting structure.
What will you do?
- Own global event plan including activities such as sponsored events as well as hosted events for prospects & customers
- Own flagship annual client event, hosted in NYC
- Own oversight & execution of corporate webinar program
- Strategically evaluate & select events that allow us to achieve target objectives
- Produce and manage detailed event plans (e.g. agenda, timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing)
- Lead a team of three (3)
- Manage and track budget
- Negotiate third-party event contracts
- Coordinate and communicate staffing requirements and conduct staff briefings for all events
- Liaise with marketing and PR colleagues to promote event participation
- Prepare and send event promotions and communications through Marketo
- Onsite event execution as required
- Track event results. Conduct post-event wrap up and analysis.
What are we looking for?
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events
- Proven B2B event management experience – large scale hosted events, tradeshows/conferences, webinars – ALL a must
- Minimum of 8-10 years related experience
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Strong personnel management and mentorship abilities
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- Ability to travel globally as required
- Working knowledge of Marketo/Marketing Automation systems (preferred)
What’s required for success? You must …
- Be both a thinker and a doer
- Come with a collaborative team spirit
- Be a self-starter and quick learner
- Be able to consistently set and meet deadlines
- Exude confidence and strength under pressure
- Excel at time management and organization
- Be able to manage to a budget and negotiate like its your own money
- Have incredible attention to detail
- Have a deep understanding and constant awareness of how the company’s event plans map to the overarching corporate goals and objectives
- Exhibit great interpersonal skills that allow you to build relationships with company employees, clients, other parties in support of program objectives
- Have the confidence to work closely with the company’s senior leadership team
Sisense is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We only care that you embody the Sisense DNA which is Teamwork, a "Can-Do" Attitude, Drive to Win, Creativity and the Fight to help our clients succeed.