A Histogram is a plot chart that lets you discover, and show, the underlying frequency distribution (shape) of a set of continuous data. This allows the inspection of the data for its underlying distribution, outliers, skewness, etc.
This widget will allow users to create a graphical display where the data is grouped into ranges/bins (such as "40 to 49", "50 to 59", etc), and then plotted as bars. Similar to a Bar Graph, but in a Histogram each bar is for a range of data. The widget will allow the user to control the number of bins, and will automatically calculate the size of each bin accordingly.
Step 1 – Add The Plugin
Now, when you create a new widget the “Histogram Plugin” should show up in the list of options.
Step 2 – Create the “Histogram Plugin” Widget
On your dashboard, click the Create Widget button and select Advanced Configuration. Next, select the “Histogram Plugin” from the drop down list. For this you will need to specify the Categories (optional) and a Value fields (required). For the below example, we have added the following: Categories from “Driver Name” field, and “Value” from the “Miles” field, and changed the number of bins to 10.
As a result, the above Histogram will display the number of Drivers for each Mile group.
The widget also offers the following design options:
1. Binning Method:
2. Labels – will allow users to display the number of occurrences above each bin as a value or as percent
3. Bar Border – toggle on/off of drawing a border around each Bin
4. Gradient Fill – toggle on/off using gradient fill affect to color each bin
5. Bar Width – this is only valid for Manual binning and control the width of each bin. This can be using the size of the bin , or evenly distributed
6. Bar Bin Precision- this parameter will allow to control the precision when calculating bin size. This will accommodation for dataset where the distribution number are in small increments
21 April 2020 –
Added support for CSRF
17 October 2019 –
Added support for Sisense 8.1.
05 September 2019 –
Fixed the issue with the white screen. Upgraded to support 8.0.1
15 January 2019 –
Fixed the issue with sending invalid query – 404