High Level Design
OverviewSeveral factors make the reduction of energy consumption part of a company’s agenda and sometimes part of a company’s strategic KPIs:
- Consumption of energy is constantly increasing and fossil resources (main source of energy) are becoming scarcer. Due to the the above, energy prices are rising.
- Environmental protection is an important aspect and could be a competitive differentiator as consumer awareness of environmental implications of energy consumption rises.
- Legislation regarding energy consumption transparency and public reporting is becoming prevalent across different countries (carbon reduction targets).
Dashboard Example (sample data)Click on the image to open and interact with the dashboard:
Decrease energy consumption and encourage energy conservation across the company’s facilities.
- Ensure monthly kWh consumed is under the yearly target (XXXXXXXXX kWh).
- Shift consumption to off-peak periods (7-8am, 6-10pm).
|Ensure monthly kWh consumed is under the yearly target||Monthly kWh Consumed (Avg)||Monthly Temperature (Avg)||Fact_energy_consumption, fact_temperature|
|Shift consumption to off-peak periods||Proportional Growth of monthly kWh Consumed (avg) in off-peak periods||Growth of monthly kWh consumed (avg) across all hours||Fact_energy_consumption|
|#||Source||Table Name||Table Details (type, # rows, key fields)|
|1||Energy/Power Monitoring System||fact_energy_consumption||Tracking the energy consumed (in kWh) on each site on any given day/hour.|
|2||Energy/Power Monitoring System||fact_temperature||Tracking the temperature on each site on any given day/hour.|
|3||Billing System||dim_Sites||Dimension table describing the different sites characteristics.|
|4||Billing System||dim_Rates||Slowly changing dimension tracking changes in kWh USD rate per year/month.|
Data Modeling (Elasticube Design)