High Level Design
OverviewSeveral factors make the reduction of energy consumption part of a company’s agenda and sometimes part of a company’s strategic KPIs:
- Consumption of energy is constantly increasing and fossil resources (main source of energy) are becoming scarcer. Due to the the above, energy prices are rising.
- Environmental protection is an important aspect and could be a competitive differentiator as consumer awareness of environmental implications of energy consumption rises.
- Legislation regarding energy consumption transparency and public reporting is becoming prevalent across different countries (carbon reduction targets).
Decrease energy consumption and encourage energy conservation across the company’s facilities.
- Ensure monthly kWh consumed is under the yearly target (XXXXXXXXX kWh).
- Shift consumption to off-peak periods (7-8am, 6-10pm).
|Ensure monthly kWh consumed is under the yearly target||Monthly kWh Consumed (Avg)||Monthly Temperature (Avg)||Fact_energy_consumption, fact_temperature|
|Shift consumption to off-peak periods||Proportional Growth of monthly kWh Consumed (avg) in off-peak periods||Growth of monthly kWh consumed (avg) across all hours||Fact_energy_consumption|
|#||Source||Table Name||Table Details (type, # rows, key fields)|
|1||Energy/Power Monitoring System||fact_energy_consumption||Tracking the energy consumed (in kWh) on each site on any given day/hour.|
|2||Energy/Power Monitoring System||fact_temperature||Tracking the temperature on each site on any given day/hour.|
|3||Billing System||dim_Sites||Dimension table describing the different sites characteristics.|
|4||Billing System||dim_Rates||Slowly changing dimension tracking changes in kWh USD rate per year/month.|
Data Modeling (Elasticube Design)