Accounts Receivable Associate
New York, NY
Why you should join our Finance team:
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Business Intelligence companies in the world, recently valued at $1B+. The AR Associate will be responsible for many functions inside a fast growing, scaling Accounting Department and will work closely with Sales Operations, Sales, and Customer Support teams.
What you will do in the first 30 days
- Meet key contacts, understand the structure of the organization, train on software the team uses, understand key processes in the AR cycle
- Responsible for collection efforts on outstanding customer balances
- Maintain up to date Aging reports
- Apply all customer payments within NetSuite
- Learn about the different types of products and services Sisense offers
- Create customer invoices within NetSuite and distribute to customers
What you will do in the first 60 days
- Assist with ongoing projects
- Become a go-to for account owners for financial questions and requests
- Enlist the efforts of Sales, Customer Support, and Senior Management when necessary to accelerate the collections process
- Learn about the different revenue recognition rules of each product and the services Sisense offers
What you will do in the first 90 days
- Ad-hoc bookkeeping/financial projects
- Contribute to month-end closing procedures and schedule preparation
- Improve systems and take initiative to improve and automate procedures
- Assist with annual and interim audit requests
- Create and issue customer invoices
- Manage collection efforts and evaluate and improve the health of the AR aging
- Collaborate with Sales team and Account Managers on solving problems identified through the collection efforts
- Ownership of the Finance team’s responsibility in the quote to cash cycle
- Automate and improve processes as we continue to grow and scale
- 2+ years of relevant experience required
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Experience with SalesForce preferred
- Strong knowledge of Excel (filtering, vlookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and sound decision-making ability
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and generate solutions
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excitement to join a fast-growing tech company!
- We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips working out of our office in Midtown.
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.