HEAD OF CONTENT AND CAMPAIGNS
Lead a global content marketing team driving awareness and engagement for Sisense
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM:
We are a global company headquartered in New York with offices in SF, Scottsdale, Tel Aviv, London, Melbourne, Tokyo, and Kyiv. Although in today’s online world it really just feels like we’re one big online family!
As Head of Content, you will be an essential part of our mission. It will be your job to lead the creation of relevant and engaging content for our key audiences — data and analytics professionals, buyers and investors — that will build brand awareness. As part of that job you will lead the ideation and development of content across all of our Sisense properties - including but not limited to our high-performing blog, all of our demand content, the website, video, webinars, and integrated campaigns that grow our brand and drive demand.
The Head of Content Marketing will manage a global team of content managers with members in Tel Aviv, New York — as well as a bench of external freelance writers all over the globe. Our ideal candidate must be a seasoned editorial leader and creative storyteller who can think strategically and act operationally.
HOW YOU WILL RAMP:
Within your first week you will:
- Speak with colleagues on the team, executives in the organization and internal stakeholders to better understand what success looks like.
- Get to know the team you will be managing, understanding their individual strengths and goals.
- Work with the Sr. Director of Brand Marketing and the VP of Brand and Corporate Marketing to understand our strategic goals related to content and campaigns.
- Get a handle on current tools and processes, as well as historic performance metrics.
By day 30 you will …
- Hit the ground running, by beginning to manage the process of content ideation, creation, measurement and reporting.
- Own the editorial calendar and strategy of all of our content properties (ie. white papers, blogs, web pages, etc).
- Understand our SEO strategy, and the organic traffic best practices that drive results for our brand.
- Use metrics to establish, validate and iterate on your content strategy. You should have comfort and experience using content metrics, particularly those related to lead generation and top-of-funnel awareness.
By day 60 you will …
- Be regularly and programmatically partnering with other teams across the company – product marketing, demand generation, product, HR — to understand their business challenges, and offer up a content solution.
- Work with our demand generation team to create campaign content that drives pipeline.
- Take the lead on concepting, creation, project management and development of full-funnel brand campaigns that include videos, websites, ebooks/blogs, emails and more.
- Define a brand content strategy across all channels that incorporates educational, corporate, product and thought leadership content.
- Work with C-level executives and technical experts to source content, and amplify their voices to the market
By day 90 you will ...
- Drive a high-output content machine that produces hundreds of content pieces per quarter.
- Be the company’s internal evangelist for content and editorial best practices — a stalwart defender of the written word.
- Manage a high volume of work, and make progress on important strategic initiatives, while quickly responding to shifting business and market needs.
- Proactively manage your team’s workload with minimal oversight. You’re a reliable, accountable manager who knows how to get things done and meet deadlines.
WHAT YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED... SO FAR:
- You should have proven expertise in the B2B technology space (ideally in data and analytics), producing content of all formats for all channels.
- Proven leadership experience in an official people management role, preferably leading a global team.
- Experience marketing and creating learning and thought leadership content for technical users (developers, data scientists, IT professionals, etc.) is a big plus. You should have experience building content programs that engage both business users and technical practitioners.
- Deep expertise managing a team creating brand awareness, engagement and demand through content assets like blogs, ebooks, videos, social media, webinars, web pages, advertising, emails and more.
- Success leading a team to create short-form advertising, social and video copy as well as leading the creation of deeply technical, longform content types like white papers and ebooks.
- Experience working cross-functionally, partnering closely with design and SME teams, the ability to get buy-in from stakeholders in and outside of marketing.
- Cultivated strong writing and editorial skills, and significant experience coaching teams of writers and marketers in a fast-paced environment. You should know how to take a piece of good content and make it great.
- An understanding of the team structures, processes and workflows that will maximize efficiency and let your team create great work at scale
- Used metrics to establish, validate and iterate on your content strategy. You should have comfort and experience using content metrics, particularly those related to lead generation and top-of-funnel awareness.
- Experienced at mentoring junior team members and coach them toward content excellence. Grow promising talent into leaders.
- Experience with freelancer, vendor or agency management
- The ability to manage past ambiguity
- A stronger than average opinion about the Oxford Comma