WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM.
We’re serving one of the fastest-growing professions that have traditionally been underserved. Your extensive expertise as a Data wizard will serve you with leading Data & Analytics projects and integrations with our cross-organizational teams. You also have the opportunity to craft from scratch our data strategy design, implementation, and support for Sisense internal BI project solutions including architecture.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual, self-starter, who will drive development efforts cross-organizational and become a focal point in Cloud DWH technologies front, across the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
You’ll partner with global cross-organizational department leaders at Sisense to build an in-house data pipeline and architecture. You will create a data strategy and ensure Sisense successful data modeling and fine usage of the data we produce internally. This role is fully hands-on, with an opportunity to create a new function from scratch.
You will identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
You will build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
You will work with global stakeholders including the Executives, Product, Data Analytic, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure requirements and functionality.
This role reports to Aviad Harell, Founder, COO & GM of Israel, which is a unique opportunity to learn from one of the product creators and deeply understand the ecosystem of Data at Sisense.
WHAT YOU’VE ACCOMPLISHED… SO FAR:
- BSc in Engineering or equivalent
- You have hands-on experience with building data pipeline in a global organization and DWH using Snowflake or Redshift -a must
- You have a deep understanding of the BI ecosystem and data modeling using SQL/ BigQuery
- You have experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc
- You have experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management. Optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- You have experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- You are a master in Linux, Python, SQL, (R optional)
- You have experience with cloud infrastructure; AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment while working with a team
- You are a lifelong learner with an insatiable curiosity
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in English complex concepts in a clear and professional manner
HOW YOU’LL RAMP:
By Day 30…
- You will partner with each department at Sisense globally and learn about their expectation of the data modeling and requirement to fulfill the best data usage
- You will do lots of hands-on exercises in order to know the ins and outs of Sisense technology
- You will initiate the mapping data pipeline for each department at Sisense
- You will start laying the foundations for Sisense Cloud DWH best practices
- You will have a deep understanding of the best practices to allocate and transfer Sisense internal data
- You will have a firm knowledge of the different types of methodologies and tools you’ll use to build a data pipeline for each department
- You will start mastering the data challenges at Sisense
- You will do several internal projects to champion the data our organization produce
- You’ll be working with cross-organizational leaders to best perform their data usage for the benefit of the department
- You’ll be guiding the data analytics assigned teams of how to better support the data modeling in each team in the organization
- You’ll be able to leverage your Sisense acquired knowledge together with your data expertise and start your journey to lead the Data Information at Sisense
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN SISENSE?
- We live our values. We care about each other, the technology we create, and the customers we support. We know we’re constantly learning and improving, and look forward to sharing insights and techniques with each other.
- We have interesting customers. We support the Red Cross with dashboards about supplies, help a suicide prevention hotline with SQL+Python ML analysis, and enable Tinder to make better matches.
- We are our own customers. We’re heavy users of the features we build and have an intuitive understanding of what makes data teams so special and successful.
- “You have unlimited questions remaining” is core to our team’s philosophy. We are excited about learning and sharing together, and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips working out of our office in Midtown.
We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
We have close relationships with our customers.
We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies