At Sisense, we are on a mission to empower modern data teams to deliver insights to everyone inside and outside their organizations. We bring “power to the builders” by enabling our customers to answer complex questions with data and drive the best business outcomes possible.
You will be joining the Sisense for product development team. On this team, we add awesome features to the product that empowers BI and Product teams to quickly connect to data sources, then explore and analyze data in a matter of minutes. It is also one of the best teams for understanding our business, as it touches everything from data ingestion and dashboarding through to permissioning, APIs and integrations. Our engineers do full-stack feature development and we foster an environment of rich learning, development and knowledge sharing.
What You’ve Already Accomplished…So Far
- You write clean code. You have loads of evidence of all the code you write and ship.
- You have built full-stack systems using NodeJS and frontend frameworks such as React, Angular or similar.
- You have experience with a variety of databases, especially NoSQL, such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, or similar.
What You'll Do
- First 2 weeks: You’ll partner with your team leader, your buddy, and many other people who will help onboard you with our product, processes, and build/deploy processes, and then work with you to deliver new code.
- By Day 30: You will work with product stabilization and make substantial improvements to existing features, platform services, internal tools, or build processes.
- By Day 60: You’ll:
- be contributing to the technical decisions regarding your team’s functionality and improving the architecture and performance;
- implement new product features as part of custom project development for Sisense major clients;
- maintain our existing features by developing improvements and fixes;
- work with our Product and UX teams to deliver visually stunning user interfaces;
- be solving complex problems and providing high-quality solutions.
- You are able to ask the right questions and see bottlenecks on the stage of feature planning.
- You're excited to pitch in wherever the team needs help, from writing documentation to supporting customers.
- You enjoy working in a caring, customer-obsessed, and challenging environment.
- You are outcome-focused and proactive. You have solved complex technical challenges to improve customer happiness, developer productivity, and system efficiency.
- You enjoy working in an inclusive, collaborative environment and mentoring team members when needed. You believe in achieving collective impact and that we are “better together”.
- You have successfully evangelized and driven best practices related to code quality and testability across teams.
- You’re excellent communicator and have very good spoken and written English
Why You Should Join Our Team
- We live our values. We care about each other, the technology we create, and the customers we support. We know we’re constantly learning and improving, and look forward to sharing insights and techniques with each other.
- We have interesting customers. We support the Red Cross with dashboards about supplies, help a suicide prevention hotline with SQL+Python ML analysis, and enable Tinder to make better matches.
- We are our own customer. We’re heavy users of the features we build and have an intuitive understanding of what makes data teams so special and successful.
- “You have unlimited questions remaining” is core to our team’s philosophy. We are excited about learning and sharing together, and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
- We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.