BRING EDITORIAL EXCELLENCE TO A GLOBAL BRAND CONTENT OPERATION
Sisense is on a mission to make the world better with analytics. We are a business intelligence and analytics (BI&A) company that makes data accurate, available and actionable for customers worldwide. Customers use our platform to improve internal processes, customer experiences, products and more. The Managing Editor will lead development of copy to inform and engage our key audiences, including customers, potential customers, data and analytics professionals and product managers.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR SALES TEAM:
If you find joy and satisfaction in making complex technology easy to understand, and your master craft is shaping B2B technology copy for any and all media formats, and you want to captain a global team of contributors and freelancers, this opportunity may be one for you to explore. Our ideal candidate will be a senior editor and creative storyteller who thinks strategically and acts with a newsstand sensibility.
HOW YOU’LL RAMP:
By Day 30…
- You'll get to know the content team, understanding their individual strengths and assignments.
- You'll be introduced to team tools and processes, as well as historic performance metrics, our SEO strategy, and the organic traffic best practices that drive results for our brand.
- You will understand the Sisense platform and competitive market positioning.
- You will know expectations for your role and propose opportunities to make an immediate impact.
- You will begin to top-edit, write and manage copy development, measurement and reporting.
By Day 60...
- You'll shepherd the integrated editorial calendar by partnering with colleagues in product marketing, demand generation and communications
- You'll work with our demand generation team to create content that drives pipeline
- You'll shape content for all channels that incorporates educational, corporate, product and thought leadership content.
- You'll work with C-level executives and technical experts to source content, and amplify their voices to the market
- You'll manage agency and freelance contributions
By Day 90...
- You'll drive a content machine that produces numerous high-quality content pieces per quarter.
- You'll become an internal evangelist for content and editorial best practices — a champion of the content marketing discipline and Sisense brand guidelines
- You'll have established yourself as a creative and accountable content partner, who knows how to get things done and meet deadlines.
WHAT YOU’VE ACCOMPLISHED... SO FAR:
- You have proven expertise in editing and writing B2B technology content (ideally in the data and analytics space) for business and technical audiences. You know how to take a piece of good content and make it great.
- You have experience building collateral that engages both business users and technical practitioners. Experience building thought leadership content for technical users (developers, data scientists, IT professionals, etc.) is a big plus.
- You’ve held official people management roles and coached writers and marketers in a fast-paced environment. You can speak to experiences of guiding a talented writing team and mentoring junior team members into leaders.
- You know how to work cross-functionally, partnering closely with design and SME teams, the ability to get buy-in from stakeholders in and outside of marketing.
- You have managed freelance and agency contributors
- We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.