WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
The back end group serves 100s of concurrent users. It also includes owning and developing infrastructure services like database connection, API-gateway, identity management, login, admin, management … Also, you will lead the scale/performance/high availability of the platform.
The role requires managing critical customer escalations, key customer implementations, interacting with Support, Customer Success, and Pre-Sales.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
- Lead the development and delivery of Sisense BI infrastructure by managing three R&D teams across different locations
- Focus on content delivery, quality, engineering excellence, develop people careers, technology selection, product architecture
- Drive product quality and complex delivery projects
- Review, and direct key architectural components, software, and general product architecture
- Drive engineering excellence and productivity through constant improvement in processes, tools, practices, and skills
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Engineers, Solution Engineers, Product Managers, Professional Services.
- Work with external customers to collect feedback, assist with POCs, and escalations
WHAT YOU’VE ACCOMPLISHED… SO FAR:
- BSc in Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive experience in backend software development, and 10+ years in managerial roles
- You have extensive experience with web technologies, cloud architecture, and multi-user and highly concurrent systems
- You can drill down to detailed design and code level when needed
- You have experience leading complex product development projects and products from concept to release
- You have development experience under Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- You have experience with cloud providers - AWS, GCP, Azure.
- You have strong leadership skills, the ability to drive cross-departmental changes
- You can mentor R&D Managers
- You can collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- You can lead and speak in public cross-team meetings
- You can articulate product road maps and technical differentiators to a wide audience
- You are a lifelong learner with an insatiable curiosity
- You can effectively communicate in English complex concepts in a clear and professional manner
HOW YOU’LL RAMP:
By Day 30...
- You will learn about the Sisense product, Infrastructure architecture, and design
- You will build relationships with teams in the R&D, Product, and Customer Success
- You’ll define objectives and plans for their attainment
- You will have an understanding of the way components are communicating in the system and of communication protocols
- You’ll manage and coordinate a major development activity within a broader function of R&D
- You will be able to identify performance bottlenecks in the product by looking at test results and design those tests
- You will complete a deep dive into Sisense’s technical infrastructure
- You’ll’ be responsible for all engineering stages of software engineering both in SaaS/Desktop software products
- You will be able to create a new infrastructure architecture design and coordinate its integration with different development groups
- You will have a deep understanding of the development processes and integration
We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, Philips, AirCanada, and many more.
We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies