Accounts Payable and Operations Manager
New York, NY
Why you should join our Finance team:
This is an opportunity to become a leader on the Accounting team at a rapidly scaling pre-IPO software company. The Accounts Payable and Operations Manager will report directly into the Director of Accounting and will have the opportunity to establish scalable processes, ensure compliance with policies, and optimize our procurement system. You will have the opportunity to own the entire procure to pay process. This role will work extensively with members of other departments and outside vendors.
What you will do in the first 30 days
- Develop a complete understanding of our business model, systems, policies, and procurement procedures/processes.
- Take ownership of the procure to pay process including reviewing bills, account reconciliations, and accruals.
- Lead and coach your accounts payable team.
- Work closely with the Director of Accounting to plan and prioritize projects.
What you will do in the first 60 days
- Own the vendor onboarding process including maintenance of vendor documents such as W-9s and vendor forms.
- Own the day-to-day procurement operations such as payment runs, expense reimbursements, and corporate credit cards.
- Oversee end-to-end process ownership to support finance and multiple department leaders.
What you will do in the first 90 days
- Drive process improvements and contribute to accounting transformation projects such as systems optimizations.
- Design procurement policies and SOX internal controls, ensuring that procedures are documented and communicated to internal stakeholders.
- Administer our procurement system and train the Company on best practices.
- Set the short, medium, and long-term goals for your team.
- Manage the entire procure to pay and expense reimbursement processes.
- Annual 1099s.
- Work with the external audit and internal audit teams to ensure compliance with financial statement audits, interim reviews, and SOX.
- Be a trusted business partner and work closely with various stakeholders within Finance, Legal, and across the company.
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and re-engineer as necessary to reduce the timeline.
- Manage, coach, and develop your accounts payable team.
- Coupa experience required.
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable experience at a software company.
- 2+ years of management experience in Accounts Payable.
- Excellent ability to work independently and proactively – knowledge of challenges and requirements facing the Company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and sound decision-making ability
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and generate solutions.
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Excitement and passion to join a fast-growing software company.
- Experience using NetSuite, SVB, and Expensify.
- We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips working out of our office in Midtown.
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.