Cloud Platform Director
Sisense’s mission is to infuse analytics everywhere. We bring “power to the builders” by enabling our customers to answer complex questions with data and drive the best business outcomes possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
- Ensure the Cloud Platform & Services are designed and implemented to support our Internal CI/CD & Public cloud infrastructure needs and are aligned with the overall business strategies and priorities.
- Demonstrate hands-on knowledge of Public Cloud Computing, Storage, and Networking. Designing, Provisioning, and administration using best practices for consumers across multiple cloud offerings (Vmware Private Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Azure).
- Play a key role in advancing the cloud & CI/CD eco-system and culture of technical excellence.
- Ensure all technical procedures (Installation, Configuration, Run books) are documented and updated and are contributing to the maintenance of operational standards.
- Automate infrastructure services and system administration tasks wherever possible
- Lead and deliver operational excellence with a focus on the service management and DevOps approach to achieve agility, speed, scale and efficiency.
- Partner with Engineering teams and the rest of the operations teams to architect and design the infrastructure for consumer-facing products and services as well for the R&D environments.
- Build & Maintain a high-performing Infrastructure Operations team that operates with a culture of business and customer-centricity.
- Lead Service Management implementation for Infrastructure services, partnering with Engineering teams to improve service experience, MTTR, Up-time, and resilience.
- Implement a Service Monitoring capability to proactively address the operational issues for all customer-facing infrastructure assets
- Lead annual strategic planning, tactical operation planning, the development of service improvement, and contingency operation plans.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and coaching for all staff and foster a culture of accountability, innovation, and team building.
WHAT YOU’VE ACCOMPLISHED… SO FAR:
- You have a proven Development background and experience
- Extensive experience in backend software development, and 8+ years in managerial roles
- You have extensive experience with web technologies, cloud architecture, and multi-user and highly concurrent systems
- You have the ability to drill down to detailed design and code level when needed
- You have experience leading complex product development projects and products from concept to release
- You have development experience under Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- You have experience with cloud providers - AWS, GCP, Azure.
- You have strong leadership skills, the ability to drive cross-departmental changes
- You have the ability to mentor R&D Managers
- You can collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- You can lead and speak in public cross-team meetings
- You are able to articulate product road maps and technical differentiators to a wide audience
- You are a lifelong learner with an insatiable curiosity
- You drive innovative ways to detect Production health issues and neutralize them through advanced technological countermeasures.
HOW YOU’LL RAMP:
By Day 30...
- You will learn about the Sisense product, Infrastructure architecture and design
- You will build relationships with teams in the R&D, Product and Customer Success
- You’ll define objectives and plans for their attainment
- You will have an understanding of the way components are communicating in the system and of communication protocols
- You’ll manage and coordinate a major development activity within a broader function of R&D
- You will be able to identify performance bottlenecks in the product by looking at test results and design those tests
- You will complete a deep dive into Sisense’s technical infrastructure
- You’ll’ be responsible for all engineering stages of software engineering
- You will be able to create a new infrastructure architecture design and coordinate its integration with different development groups
- You will have a deep understanding of the development processes and integration
We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, Philips, AirCanada and many more.
We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies