Sisense’s mission is to infuse analytics everywhere. We bring “power to the builders” by enabling our customers to answer complex questions with data and drive the best business outcomes possible.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM:
The Cloud FinOps Analysts role is responsible for scaling Cost Management best practices across multiple business units. This role is responsible for acting as an analyst driving cost optimization to increase our overall financial performance. You will partner with business leaders to analyze and develop business cases for the DevOps team to act on. You will develop processes to work with large data sets to present, automate, and streamline Cloud financial and scorecards and reports.
Thriving in an evolving environment, working to drive innovation, and embed industry best practice to drive global growth in our FinOps practice.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
- Support the cloud team in understanding their AWS bills and forecasts based on their business goals
- Support stakeholders forecast, allocate and budget for cloud spend
- Lead regular cadence calls providing expert advice and consulting on cloud financial management activities
- Configure and manage cloud cost optimization tools
- Respond to ad hoc data queries requests from business units with timely, accurate, and reliable data presented in an easy-to-understand fashion providing input to data driven decisions.
- Design and build dashboards to support product owners, DevOps Engineers, and executive level requests.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to understand their data requirements and translate these into viable reports.
- Produce regular data reports and dashboards to inform decision making.
- Automate manual data gathering, inputs, manipulations, and general toil for all reporting
HOW YOU'LL RAMP:
By Day 30, you will:
- You will learn about the Sisense product
- You will have built relationships with people in the DevOps and CloudOps team,
- Learn the fundamentals of the Cloud department at Sisense — our basic KPIs, workflows, and systems.
- Understand how we manage data in Sisense and begin to build reports.
- Start getting to know other stakeholders in Marketing, Finance, Sales and Business Operations who you'll be working with.
- You will have a strong understanding of the business needs and you’ll create a plan to FinOps Cloud related
By Day 60, you will:
- Know the fundamentals well enough to build Sisense reports for Managers, as well as for yourself to identify gaps. inefficiencies, and new ways to track productivity.
- Utilize our existing Sisense dashboards for analysis and start learning how to build your own.
- Have regular meetings with other stakeholders to learn, share information, and prioritize initiatives.
By Day 90, you will :
- Reach a high level of proficiency with the Sisense platform to build dashboards for both long-term department use and for one-off ad-hoc analysis.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the business CloudOps process, pinpoint areas of inefficiency, and start building scalable, repeatable processes and solutions.
- Work directly with Cloud Leadership on capacity planning, target setting, and special projects requiring deeper analysis.
WHAT YOU'VE ACCOMPLISHED...SO FAR:
- You have superior analytical, critical thinking, and quantitative skills.
- You have hands-on experience with Python and SQL
- You are self-starter who can also work with a team to deliver superior customer service
- You have an effective communicator with the ability to drive consensus among stakeholders from entry level to management that represents various departments with competing goals
- You can analyze and produce meaningful insights from large datasets
- You have a strong analytical background with an aptitude for understanding technology
- You are a proactive thinker analyzing data sets and trends along with business roadmaps to identify opportunities
- You have experience with FinOps fundamentals
- You have experience with AWS billing and cost management tools and processes
- Familiarity Intermediate knowledge of AWS services, architecture, and tools
- You have hands-on experience with Python and SQL
- Data extraction from an Enterprise data warehouse and excel sheets including Restful APIs
- You have experience with 3rd party cloud cost optimization tools (Cloudability)
- You have experience with Data Visualization
- You have AWS certifications - a plus
- We are a radically innovative BI company focused on redefining every aspect of business analytics.
- We’re an industry leader with more than 2,000 global customers, including Expedia, Flexport, Nasdaq, GE, Philips & Tinder.
- We’ve been recognized as a leading visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- We’re onboarding rapidly! We have over 750 employees with offices in San Francisco, New York, Tel Aviv, Scottsdale, Melbourne, Tokyo, London and Kyiv.
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor and Best Places to Work for our amazing company culture.