Using Sisense BI Software for User Activity Analysis
There is a wealth of valuable business intelligence available in the user activity data generated by Internet businesses such as these:
- Online gaming
- Online auctions
- Online Website creation
- Online dating
- Online financial services
- Online colleges
- Social networking sites
- Photo sharing sites
- File sharing networks
- Online surveys
- Video on demand
- Voice over IP
User Activity Analytics Yields Significant Business Benefits
Accurate insight into how people are using your online service yields many compelling business benefits.
- Improve conversion rates of trial users to paying users Example: Identify the activities in which trial users are most interested (or where they are getting stuck) and send them emails which help them in those particular areas.
- Identify hot leads Example: Target prospects who have used the trial version on multiple days, or when multiple users from the same company are using the trial version.
- Improve marketing campaign effectiveness Example: Identify the most-used features and then highlight those features in advertising campaigns.
- Determine which marketing campaigns lead to the most profitable customers Example: Cross-reference customers’ activity and accumulated spend with the marketing campaigns which brought them to the site.
- Discover which features are getting the most/least use Example: On a VOD site, analyze Start/Stop/Pause/FF/Rew activity. On an auction site, analyze item views/bids/competition.
- Reveal technical problems which are hindering your service Example: In the hours following a new software version, notice the dramatic drop in the usage of a particular module.
The Technical Challenge of Achieving Actionable User Activity Analytics
The technical challenges in achieving actionable insight are formidable in these types of Internet-based services due to the following factors:
- Various disparate data sources (such as Web site clickstream data, user session data, user registration data, marketing campaign data, customer databases, operational product/service databases, etc.)
- Massive amounts of granular data (millions or billions of rows)
- Rapidly increasing amounts of data
- Frequent changes in the analyses desired by managers
Mashing up large amounts of data from many sources so that it can be used for BI and analytics has traditionally required large investments in hardware, software and professional services. Conventional BI systems or BI tools, relying on data warehouse solutions and technologies such as OLAP, take too long to implement, are very expensive and are too inflexible. Running queries against operational databases is not an option. To make the best business decisions, Web-generation managers need on-demand, drill-down, slice-and-dice, ask-any-question creative user data analysis.
From Mountains of Raw Data to Deep User Activity Analytics in a Day!
No other BI solution in the world can provide Internet companies with the speed, ease, power and flexibility they need to analyze their user activity data.
Watch A Demo
- No-risk BI evaluations: BI evaluations are fast and inexpensive, requiring no investment in IT projects, consultants or new computer hardware.
- Fastest time to value: With Sisense, you can be up and running your own queries, reports and dashboards over any amount of raw data in an hour. No external data warehouse, no pre-aggregations, no pre-calculations, no OLAP.
- Greatest flexibility: Sisense provides business users and analysts with self-service, mouse-only creation, customization and sharing of queries, reports, analytics and dashboards. Easily combine and transform vast amounts of data from any number of disparate data sources and immediately create attractive reports and dashboards, with no scripting or programming required.
- Fastest performance: Sisense’s unique technology (including just-in-time in-memory processing and elastic data structure) allows unmatched speed of query results and report generation, even for new ad-hoc queries on massive amounts of data. After adding new data or even entirely new data sources on-the-fly, queries can be run immediately, with no waiting for any kind of pre-processing.
- Lowest resource requirements: Sisense’s technology delivers its incredible performance and massive scalability even on standard PC hardware – no kidding! Read about Sisense’s system requirements and data volume capacity.
- Lowest total cost: Sisense offers, hands-down, the lowest-total-cost complete BI solution on the market. For a low monthly subscription fee, you get business-user-friendly high-performance data loading, storage, processing, analytics, reporting, visualization, dashboards and sharing. No need for lengthy IT projects. No need for a separate data warehouse. No need for OLAP. No need for monster hardware.