Especially in OEM cases, sometimes you have Many to Many by design.
This must be carefully handled to assure single selection in the dashboards. Otherwise, incorrect results & performance issues can arise.
M2M Designer Restrictions plugin automatically forces single value selection and offers a carefree environment, in which designers can design dashboards even without being familiar with the M2M connection arising from the cube modeling.
How does it work?
● Admin defines in the plugin config file the M2M fields:
- Set Cube, dimension, and default value.
- Supports multiple filters restrictions. Also over different cubes.
● Plugin automatically adds the filter to each new dashboard based on this cube:
- The filter is locked and cannot be deleted
- Filter is set to the configured default member
● Filter behaviour:
- The filter forces the designer to Single Selection (multi selection is hidden)
- When a designer tries to click on the selected member (to exclude it for example) - click functionality is disabled, so one value will always be selected
- Filter cannot be disabled/deleted: Neither in the dashboard filter pane or in the widget filters pane (disable all filters" option is also hidden)
- Designer can lock the filter or set it as a background filter.
- When the designer tries to add a formula filter using the restricted filter - the plugin applies similar limitation to those he has when he tries to manipulate the filter from the dashboard
● Groups settings:
- Option to completely hide the restricted filter from specific users groups
- Option to disable the plugin's functionality for other specific user groups (like Admin)
● Works seamlessly with our Advanced Filters plugin as well.
See it in Action: