Regulatory requirements in various countries dictate that the event of viewing sensitive data which can identify a person should be logged and monitored for future audit. This means that whenever someone is viewing identifiable information related to a person (such as address, full name, ID, etc.) this action should be monitored and logged.
This add-on enables the logging of information when any user views row level data from specific tables and columns.
To install the Monitor Sensitive Data add-on:
- Download the attachment.
- Extract the .zip folder into the plugins folder. If the folder does not exist, create it prior to extracting the .zip file.
For V7.1 and earlier: C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb\plugins
For V7.2 and later: C:\Program Files\Sisense\app\plugins
- After those files have been unzipped there, you may also have to restart the web server.
- Locate folder SqlLogger to ‘C:\Program Files\Sisense\PrismWeb’
- Configure the *config.js* file (read more below)
- Configure ashx handler (read more below)
- Refresh your dashboard
- Configure *config.js* with dataForLogs settings. This property is array of fields you want to track. It could be either specific dimensions or specific tables.
To specify dimension (for example person full name) use the following syntax:
‘\<TABLE>.\<COLUMN>’ – example ‘PersonData.FullName’ (PersonData table and FullName column)
To specify table use the following syntax:
‘<TABLE>’ – example ‘PersonData’ (PersonData table)
- To log person id’s to SQL database, you need to specify person id dimension to retrieve data. This property is a string with person id dimension
Syntax for person id:
‘\<TABLE>.\<COLUMN>’ – example ‘PersonData.PersonID’
- The last configuration property is loggingDataEndpoint. It is the physical path for sql logger handler and should not be changed.
- Implementation handler:
Ashx handler will save information to the SQL database with the following structure:
CREATE TABLE “LogData” (“UTCTimestamp” BIGINT NOT NULL,”Username” VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,”Email” VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL,”UserId” VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,”Dashboard” VARCHAR(200) NOT NULL,”Elasticube” VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL,”PersonId” VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL);
The plugin will monitor client side operations with dashboards, and thus will not track scenarios when user hits APIs directly.
This is a premium Sisense add-on. For pricing details please get in touch with your CSM:
Get the Add-On
4/8/2019: Issue fixed for conflict with background filters
25/8/2019: Solution was rewritten on NodeJS microservices. Added support for 7.4. Installation section was updated.
20/12/2019: Added compatibility with Sisense 8.1
14/01/2020: Added compatibility with Linux L8.1.0
- Added support of Windows 8.1.1
- Fixed error in Admin Tab in case plugin is enabled.
- Fixed error in console once user opens dashboard with data to log.
- Fixed : View dashboard filter is not logged once user opens edit filter window.
22/4/2020: Added compatibility with Sisense 8.2
19/5/2020: Added compatibility with Sisense 8.2.1
16/6/2020: Added compatibility with Sisense 8.2.2
1/7/2020: Added compatibility with Sisense L8.0.5
28/7/2020: Added compatibility with Sisense 8.2.3