5 Killer Examples of How Leading Tech Companies Use Embedded Analytics
Innovation is key
Innovate or die — technology companies and startups of all stripes live by this maxim. Every innovation raises the table stakes for customer expectations. Customers now demand more from their products and applications than ever before. Companies are investing in building their own data analytics solutions hoping to meet these needs, but customers are increasingly underwhelmed with the results.
However, technology industry leaders, technology unicorns, and disruptors have reaped the benefits of analytics to rapidly scale, deliver faster releases, and stay on top of trends, without breaking into a sweat.
What are they doing differently to meet customer needs? They are listening to what the market is saying: Embed or become irrelevant.
Embed to innovate
Embedded analytics give market leaders and their customers the answers they seek — on product usage, asset consumption, or the metrics that matter to their business.
We asked more than 200 business and technology leaders their desired business impact of embedding data in their customer offerings.
|More than 85% said it was to meet customer demand for data.||Driving product stickiness was cited by 73%.||57% cited competitive advantage.||The business impact of embedding analytics, alone, accounts for as much as 36% of their expected annual growth.|
With the right partner, embedded analytics are a catalyst for some of the key innovation outcomes technology companies desire, like product differentiation, development at scale, increasing customer growth and expansion rates, user adoption rates, win rates, and the ability to rapidly go to market with an outstanding and unique user experience.
The five examples in this guide show how some of today’s most forward-thinking technology companies and unicorns forged a partnership with Sisense embedded analytics to quickly deliver value on all crucial fronts. From robotic processing to smart buildings and even marketing enablement software, no matter what software or technology you have, embedded analytics can help you reach your goals faster.
Embedded Analytics Use Cases
1. SaaS RPA leader drives customer acquisition and leads digital transformation for customers
Uses embedded analytics to help customers measure, report, and align RPA operations with strategic business outcomes
The industry-leading robotic process automation (RPA) software platform company faced a shifting technology landscape and increasing expectations from its data-driven customers, who need to rapidly analyze and act on exponentially growing complex data. The company wanted an embedded analytics solution to help customers easily measure and report the true impact of automation within their organization and also drive new customer acquisition.
Sisense powers the company’s new unified analytics platform that drives digital transformation for customers. The robust solution offers customers the ability to fully unlock enterprise-grade automation and leverage data analytics in a cloud-agnostic environment as the foundation for future innovation and growth.
- It improved data access across the organization to align RPA operations with strategic business outcomes
- Business owners can define, track, measure, and share KPIs that measure the value and impact of their overall automation strategy
- RPA customers can scale their automation program and make better decisions with quantifiable metrics
- Users get push notifications of critical events so they can respond quickly
- Customers can use embedded machine learning to forecast future states and milestones to optimize their automation deployment
2. Smart building platform company increases product stickiness, lands large enterprise customers
Uses embedded analytics to ensure customers are able to view unified data for effective energy management
The company builds smart building/energy management platforms to help property managers assess overall building health by identifying energy savings opportunities from the building’s Internet of Things (IoT) data. It wanted to expand the product to meet its customers’ needs for unifying data from disparate sources while also driving customer acquisition and retention. The company also wanted a white-label solution that could scale rapidly and deliver a superlative customer experience.
Embedding Sisense’s powerful data analytics into the core product was a cost-effective solution that allowed the company to quickly add new features and functionality with little effort. The look and feel were customized for a seamless customer experience. The team quickly offered this new value to customers, while it remained focused on expanding the core business and expertise. This upgraded the product and solution to an enterprise-ready platform to compete in new markets.
- The new Sisense-powered solution helps customers save millions in lost revenue.
- Expands into new markets and acquires enterprise customers
- Go to market faster with rapid value-adds and savings on the costs of building in-house
- Connects to many fragmented data sources from IoT to present a streamlined, actionable view for end users
- Delivers enterprise-grade analytics securely
- Easy-to-use interactive dashboards to better identify risks, leading to greater efficiencies that reduce costs and optimize ROI
3. Marketing enablement software leader raises win rate and market share
Empowers customers with granular content insights to close more deals and gains competitive advantage with embedded analytics
This industry-leading sales and marketing enablement solutions provider wanted to meet growing customer demand for data and the ability to drill down further. Doing so would help gain market share and competitive advantage. Faced with triple-digit growth, the company experienced challenges with its previous BI solutions that were static and unable to scale. The company also wanted to reduce the cost of data warehouse ownership.
Sisense augmented the platform with scalable, white-label analytics capabilities that could help anticipate and address customer questions even before they were asked. Customers now can connect with live and cached data, schedule reports, and automate data-driven notifications to improve sales processes. The new improved, sticky platform saw higher levels of customer satisfaction and led customer acquisition and retention while helping elevate the company’s relationship with customers across the board.
- Clear win-rate improvement since implementation of the Sisense solution
- Gained immediate competitive advantage and market leadership with new robust analytics capabilities
- Sisense partnership helped strategize, differentiate product, and deliver value to customers
- Lowered costs with live connection to data warehouse and cached connection to SQL server
- Customers are delighted with the ability to slice and dice the data in multiple ways with customized dashboarding and reporting
4. Productivity platform gains competitive advantage, drives customer acquisition
Moves ahead of the competition with embedded analytics and a push for deeper, more robust reporting
This leading productivity software company streamlines tracking, managing, and monitoring team projects and processes to ensure workflows and outcomes are reliable, effective, and efficient. The company wanted to differentiate its offering from the competition by offering customers an enhanced analytics experience with more robust reporting to ultimately secure larger enterprise clients and get ahead of competitors.
With Sisense’s easy integration capabilities and onboarding support, the company was able to add an embedded analytics solution to its own product that gave customers a seamless and easy-to-use experience. The company built three distinct experiences for customers — My Productivity, Team Productivity, and Time Tracking — enabling them to monitor their internal operations accurately.
- Immediate uptick in large enterprise sales following the Sisense implementation
- Customers report vastly improved data analytics adoption throughout their organization
- Sisense’s easy integration and customization capabilities make it easy to personalize the tool for each customer
- Quick implementation of white-labeled dashboards gave customers the robust analytics solution they wanted
- Sisense insights are leveraged to create workplace reports as a marketing tactic to garner positive media attention
5. Sales and marketing intelligence platform improves time to market
Uses live connection to data warehouse with embedded analytics to power the key differentiator: superior customer experience
The go-to-market intelligence platform for B2B sales and marketing teams wanted to migrate from Google Cloud Platform to Amazon Web Services and was actively seeking to replace its existing BI&A solution. It wanted a white-label solution that would also help seamlessly connect to Snowflake and help its 50,000 global users querying billions of records.
The company selected Sisense to replace all dashboards in its existing products and to provide embedded analytics for any new products that are brought to market. Sisense’s optimized data connector links the data analytics engine to Snowflake, so that end users can get powerful self-service and query performance.
- Rich data integration capabilities provide a clear advantage in time to market and product development cycle
- Tables can be connected and combined in Snowflake via the powerful Sisense connector into a single live model to provide a superior customer experience
- Users can gain insights and take actions within workflows with integrated embedded dashboards and analytics
- Dynamic, rich widgets created quickly turn dashboards into interactive apps for end users
- The platform provides data and insights that can guide operations and sales teams to deliver the right message to the right prospects at the right time
How Sisense helps you succeed
Why choose Sisense
Sisense ranks No. 1 on the leading business software review platform, G2 Crowd.
Gartner named Sisense a visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms.
Dresner Advisory Services ranks Sisense as a trusted leader for vendor credibility and overall leader in customer experience.
“As the leading end-to-end sales enablement and marketing solution for enterprises around the world, our investment in Sisense and Snowflake has been a key enabler in achieving exceptional growth and scale, delighting customers with unparalleled insights. With the combination of Sisense and Snowflake, we are able to provision and manage over 1.2 million users with full data exploration capabilities, which drives marketing and sales efficiency in order to focus sellers on delivering the right content at the right time in the buying process.”Tom Strader, Vice President of Product Management at Seismic
“By combining our leading RPA platform with the full range of Sisense’s analytics capabilities, companies can now fully unlock the opportunities of enterprise-grade automation and worker productivity and creativity while embracing the digital transformation process. We couldn’t be happier to be partners with Sisense to embrace and drive this wave of digital transformation for the most strategic companies.”Daniel Dines, Co-Founder and CEO of UiPath
Ready for more?
Accelerate your time to market and road map with the power of embedded analytics. Sisense can help you break down the barriers of analytics adoption to create superlative and engaging user experiences to gain the leading edge.View the Demo Get a Free Trial